Buying a dental practice: a career milestone
A milestone experience, buying a dental practice is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make and a proactive step in maximizing your career. With a lot at stake and a range of emotions on the line, it’s important to be aware of the various pieces that go into this process.
Your advocate through the purchase process
Whether you are a recent dental school graduate or a seasoned doctor, NDP equips you with the knowledge and guidance needed to navigate the path to ownership. From searching for the right opportunity, financing, contract negotiations to the days leading up to closing, we ensure you have confidence to tackle every aspect of buying a dental practice.
Through our buyer consulting service, our experienced advisors work in your corner and offer support in the following areas:
- Analysis of practice collections and overhead
- Financial review and explanation of the completed practice valuation
- Examination of practice tax returns and financials to verify cash flow
- Comprehensive practice procedure review to identify any discrepancies in current and future treatment planning
- Assistance in determining how the lease and building considerations impact the sale
- Scenario analysis of how the selling doctor will work in the practice after the sale and the potential impact on cash flow
- Introductions to lenders and other service providers to assist in getting the best rates and support for the practice
- Assessment of practice growth potential based on location, procedures and marketing
FREE RESOURCE: Buyers Checklist
Each opportunity is unique. Our complimentary Buyers Checklist helps you identify 95 things to consider when assessing a purchase opportunity.