If you’ve got practice ownership questions, this episode answers them. Being a practice owner involves wearing many hats, and for owners preparing to bring on an associate, or even preparing for a practice sale, there are even more questions swirling.
While it may feel overwhelming, knowledge brings peace of mind. Charles and Christy take this episode to answer common transition and ownership questions. A few of the questions they dive into include:
- How often should I be talking to my CPA?
- How can I financially plan for the buyout when my partner retires?
- What are the first steps to evaluating a potential buyer or associate?
- How do I structure the compensation for the buyer or associate?
- How do I handle the building or lease?
- When I sell, how long should I keep the business entity open?